Sunday, April 7, 2013

Honda MSX 125 Grom Mini-Street-Extreme, pictures and modifications



Here is Ploy, on a ride from Doi Pui to Huey Thin Thaow.
I just bought and broke in my new Honda MSX 125.

MSX stands for Mini Street Extreme.

    Honda has applied for four separate patents on this little machine, so they have once again strived for innovation, easy of drive-ability,
style, riding position, and attitude!

This mini-bike rips off the line, until 100KPHs.
or 60 MPHs.

You will beat a car around any city on an MSX.



This bike is excellent in and around traffic. I have taken it down curbs, and I pass
many many cars at every single traffic light. Around town, (Chiang Mai Thailand that is), the amount of trafficand car congestion is unbelievable, and this small, maneuverable, light-weight machine may be the best answer to the traffic problem.
PASS THEM when they aren't moving!
 

In First gear, I will beat a Mercedes off the line every time.
These little bikes are light weight, and pull fiercely from the line.
I get a chance to drag race at every light I do get caught at, and this MXS
always zipps ahead of automobiles.
This is the rear side view. I may change the pipes, and full
headers, if it will give a bit of extra power.
Two under-tail pipes would look the best.
I have added the hand guards, front and rear fork sliders,
and the head light guard.
O yeah, I also put on the air box cover, since it said MSX.


This is a hand made under cowling from my friend
SomChai (Chai Body Shop). He cut a
full size under-fairing down, re-shaped it, and put it
back together for me, in gloss black.
The rear end of a MSX before my
 licence plate arrived.





















Here is Ploy, on the back side of Doi Suthep.
Above Chiang Mai, Thailand.


 I have been riding in Northern Thailand for the last 9 years. Mostly on sport bikes, but I want to take it easier, and get some off-road trail riding in.  The MSX seems to be a good bike for the money, and it is short enough for Ploy to ride it on her own. It is awesome around town, and perfect for a smaller female rider as well!

This was my beloved bike in Chiang Mai. It was faithful to me for 7 years, but as it got older, it became time to move it on.
I put 35,000 kilometers on it, while driving across Thailand.
This is a Honda NC-30 VFR 400 from 1989.

This was my first bike here in Thailand.
It was crashed in a wreck, and I am happy
this bike took care of me so well.
It is a Honda CB-1 400 from 1991.

Here I am cornering on my way up to Wat Doi Suthep,
 in Chiang Mai Thailand.

Please take a look at our Cook Books, and get a copy to be able to taste Thailand from far away in your own kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this great review!
    I'm going to buy honda msx 125 soon too)
    Cheers from Russia!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment if you have appreciated our Recipes, and get a copy of our cook book to make our favorite Thai Dinners in your own home.