Sunday, April 12, 2015

We have been living in Tahoe California for the last ten months! Here are some of our pictures and home made appetizers.

We have been working at a private international boarding school for the last ten months at the North side of Lake Tahoe.

Northern California is very beautiful, and Lake Tahoe is exquisite. I suggest you come for a summer vacation,  or winter get away.


Here is a picture of Ploy at the Olympic Rink Pavilion at the top of the Squaw Valley Ski Resort.


This winter, Ploy has learned to ski and skate.

I have been busy working, but I have also skied a lot as well.



Here is a group of students
on a school trip when I
helped to chaperon a visit
to the state capital in
Sacramento.




There I am at the bottom left. I was in charge of helping to make a Chinese tour group have the best time possible when they visited our campus for one week.

I took them ice skating, skiing, and dinning every day during the week.

There were from C-Trip, a very well known Chinese tour, travel and education program.

We had a great time!
The enjoyed their stay here at out small school.

Here is a simple baked scallop, bacon,
portabella mushroom, and avocado lunch.
I liked this one very much.






Ploy skiing at the top of Squaw Resort.





Ploy and I have made a new friend with one of the faculty campus dogs.
This is Bubba, a ten year old pug.


Yes, we have been eating many many oysters that are farmed in Washington,
and shipped down to Tahoe three times a week.
I like them fresh, with just a little bit of lemon, and a dab of sweet
Thai chili paste.





This is a statue from the top of the Capital building in Sacramento.


 Sunset in Tahoe!!!

Ploy, with a Russian, A Scott, and a Japanese student
at the top of the Tram at Squaw Valley Ski resort.



Here is picture I took of the famous game between Russia and the USA.

We beat them in the semi-finals!

As a hockey player, and fan, I am am drawn to Squaw because of our Olympic victory in Hockey in 1960.


Here I am skating at the Olympic Pavilion.  
Yes, I still have the moves.



This is a beautiful mountain top near our new home.


Thank you for looking at this post.

Ploy and I have done many new things this winter,  the best of which is meeting new friends and trying new things.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment if you have appreciated our Recipes, and get a copy of our cook book to make our favorite Thai Dinners in your own home.